Super Bowl 52 Live Free The AFC’s best team will square off with the NFC’s best team on Sunday in Minneapolis, however, the 2 competitors could not be more different in terms of how they got there and what a name would imply.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free Before we enter the 52 things that you should know about the sport, here’s a fast look at just what the game would imply for both the New England Patriots along with also the Philadelphia Eagles (the underdogs).
Super Bowl 52 Live Free The Eagles have not won a Super Bowl in franchise history. Their quarterback Sunday will not be Carson Wentz. It is going to be Nick Foles. If the Eagles win, they will combine the Giants as a member of just two teams which was able to shoot down the powerful empire at the Super Bowl.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free
The Patriots are vying to their second straight championship and their sixth Super Bowl ring since the 2001 season. They are trotting out four-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady at quarterback. If the Patriots win, they will simply add to their own legacy as the greatest dynasty in the history of this sport.
Find out exactly what SportsLine’s advanced computer model has to say about that the last score of Super Bowl LII.
So, there’s a lot in stake. So, without further ado, here are 52 things to understand about Super Bowl 52 for you prepared for the sport.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free 1. The Patriots and Eagles will face each other in that a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX at February 2005, when the Patriots won 24-21. That triumph declared the Patriots’ third Super Bowl victory in four years and their second straight championship. They would not win another one before the 2014 season. They could once again defeat the Eagles to their third Super Bowl in four years and their second straight championship.
2. The match will probably be played in U.S. Bank Stadium at Minnesota. It’s the second Super Bowl in Minnesota and also the first one since Super Bowl XXVI in January 1992.
3. The temperature at Minneapolis is forecast to be approximately 6 degrees Sunday, however, the match will probably be performed indoors.
4. The match will be played Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast by NBC. Al Michaels (play-by-play), Cris Collinsworth (analyst) and Michele Tafoya (sideline reporter) will probably be about the telephone.
5. Justin Timberlake will perform at halftime despite the wardrobe malfunction between him and Janet Jackson back in 2004.
6. Pink will sing the national anthem prior to kickoff. The over/under has been set at 120 seconds.
7. This is Brady’s eighth Super Bowl appearance. Nobody has played more.
8. Brady has as many Super Bowl appearances (eight) as the whole Eagles roster, per NFL Research.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free 9. If the Patriots win, Brady will possess the most Super Bowl wins (six). He has already won the most Super Bowls from quarterbacks, and he’s tied to Hall of Fame linebacker and defensive end Charles Haley with five Super Bowl wins.
10. If the Patriots win, then they will win their sixth Super Bowl since 2001 and their second straight championship.
11. If the Eagles win, then they will win their first Super Bowl in franchise history.
12. If the Eagles win, “they’ll be the fourth team in NFL history to win the Super Bowl following a losing record in the previous season (7-9 at 2016),” based on NFL Research.
13. Of the Patriots’ eight Super Bowl opponents from the Bill Belichick era, that the Eagles are the only team using a top-five scoring offense and defense, based on NFL Research.
14. The Patriots will wear white uniforms. They’re 3-0 from the Super Bowl when wearing white beneath Belichick. Based on ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Evan Kaplan, 12 of the last 13 Super Bowl winners are dressed in white.
15. The Eagles will wear. They moved 10-1 in green this season with their only loss coming from a meaningless Week 17 game, based on BleedingGreenNation.com.
16. Quarterbacks who led the league in passing yards have gone 0-5 in Super Bowls, based on NFL Research. Brady, who led the NFL in passing yards this season, can match the trend.
17. Brady is about his fifth Super Bowl MVP award. The single player to steal MVP from Brady throughout a Patriots Super Bowl win? Deion Branch (James White should’ve won it last year, for its album). For the entire list of all Super Bowl MVPs, click here.
18. Rob Gronkowski, that missed last year’s Super Bowl with a back injury, is at the concussion protocol, so his status is up in the atmosphere. If the Super Bowl had been played this past Sunday, he would not have suited up.
19. Brady is still dealing with a ideal hand injury that he suffered in the lead-up into the AFC Championship Game. Based on NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, Brady had 12 stitches removed last week. Nobody should be too worried considering Brady lit up the Jaguars for 290 yards, two touchdowns and also a 108.4 passer rating with those 12 stitches still in his hands. Brady will be still be Brady on Sunday.
20. Nick Foles started three games in the regular season. Based on NFL Research, just two quarterbacks (Doug Williams and Jeff Hostetler) started fewer games in the regular season before starting in a Super Bowl. Williams and Hostetler both won.
21. The average margin of victory to the Patriots in their five Super Bowls wins under Belichick is 3.8 points.
22. The average margin of defeat for the Patriots in both Super Bowl losses under Belichick is 3.5 points.
23. If the Patriots win, they will tie the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins (6). If they lose, they will tie the Broncos for the most Super Bowl losses (5). Charge for this 1 goes to Reddit user “surfboard-lover. ”
24. The Eagles rank fifth in overall DVOA. The Patriots rank sixth in overall DVOA.
25. The Patriots ranked first in yards gained. The Eagles ranked seventh in yards gained.
26. The Patriots ranked second in points scored (458). The Eagles ranked third in points scored (457).
27. The Patriots ranked 29th in yards allowed. The Eagles ranked fourth in yards allowed.
28. The Patriots ranked fifth in points allowed (296). The Eagles ranked fourth in points allowed (295).
29. The Patriots and Eagles boast the specific same point differential (+162), that was a league.
30. If the Eagles win, Chris Long says he’ll skip the visit to the White House again. He skipped it a year ago after the Patriots beat the Falcons because he doesn’t support Donald Trump and his policies.
31. An asteroid may pass by Earth on the same day as the Super Bowl. It will not hit our world.
32. A Tecmo Bowl simulation has got the Eagles winning. For a complete recap, click here.
33. Eagles proprietor Jeffrey Lurie once attempted to Purchase the New England Patriots.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free 34. Bettors love the Eagles so much better. According to vice president of humor and sports such as MGM Resorts Jay Rood, his sportsbook has been heavy on Eagles action.
“We’re becoming Eagles action all the way round. So we chose to return and test the waters,” Rood said, per SportsLine. “I was a little surprised to see that the people moving against the Patriots this challenging, but I could understand why they see some value”
35. As of Monday, that the Patriots have been 4.5-point favorites along with also the over/under has been set at 48 points, based on SportsLine.
36. The Eagles are underdogs in every single one of the playoff games thus the creepy dog masks.
Super Bowl 52 Live FreeThe Patriots, meanwhile, are favored in every game this season — thus their particular appropriate masks.
37. Within our “Madden NFL 18” simulation of this sport, the Patriots won an overtime thriller which was really too difficult to trust. Take a look at our recap, because it actually was the craziest game in NFL history between:
Super Bowl 52 Live Free A double-digit fourth-quarter comeback from the Eagles
A 99-yard go-ahead push by Brady using a minute to move.
A blocked extra point reunite to tie the match.
A walk-off touchdown in overtime.
38. The sport will be refereed by Gene Steratore. The Eagles are 10-3 (0.769) in games refereed by Steratore and the Patriots are 12-5 (0.706). If his name sounds familiar, it’s because he was the referee who made the decision to use a index card to measure a key first down at a December playoff-like match between the Raiders and Cowboys.
39. This is from Scott Kacsmar over at FiveThirtyEight:
Since 2001, the year that Tom Brady took over as starting quarterback, the Patriots are 15-0 in the playoffs against a new competitor and 12-9 in a rematch in the normal season.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free The Eagles didn’t play with the Patriots in the regular season. Anyhow, you should read the whole story linked above.
40. Brady is 40 years old. He could become the oldest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, breaking Peyton Manning’s record he set when he won a Super Bowl in age 39 two years back. Belichick, meanwhile, is 65. Collectively, Brady and Belichick are creating history.
41. The Patriots have not scored in the first quarter of a Super Bowl under Belichick. No, Belichick does not want to speak about it.
42. Brady sports that the league’s best passer rating under pressure (95.5), but the Eagles create pressure in an absurdly large speed (41.9 percent), based on Pro Football Focus.
43. Patriots running back Dion Lewis posted the highest elusive evaluation among running backs in the regular season, forcing 49 missed tackles, based on PFF. The Eagles’ defense allowed 3.8 yards per carry from the regular season, which ranked sixth.
44. Patriots receiver Brandin Cooks averaged 16.6 yards per catch from the regular season, the second-highest typical among receivers with at least 60 catches.
45. Gronk caught exactly 69 passes from the regular season, that is nice because it’s his favourite number.
Super Bowl 52 Live Free 46. Based on FiveThirtyEight, that the Patriots had the easiest route into the Super Bowl in modern NFL history.
47. After Brady won his first Super Bowl, Eagles defensive end Derek Barnett was 5 years old, as NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah pointed out.
48. The Eagles are the only NFC East team with no Super Bowl.
49. Eagles receiver Nelson Agholor has got the sixth-best WR score in soccer, based on PFF. WR evaluation is a quarterback’s passer rating on throws that target a specific receiver.
50. After averaging 4.1 catches, 43.9 yards and 0.1 touchdowns in the regular season, Patriots recipient Danny Amendola is averaging nine catches, 98 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs.
51. Two former Patriots who won the Super Bowl last season reside on the Eagles roster: defensive end Chris Long and running back LeGarrette Blount. No, they are not still friends using their former teammates.
“Straight enemies,” Blount said last week, per NJ.com. “Is not no more friends? Is not no more friends? Is not no more homies? None of this. We all know … We all know what we’re going to perform. They know what they’re likely to perform. We have the same aim in mind. There are not any hard feelings, it just is what it is.”
Super Bowl 52 Live Free 52. Annually ago — following the 2016 regular season — Alshon Jeffery was a part of this Bears. He promised that “we will win the Super Bowl next calendar year.” He did not specify exactly what he meant by “we.” Jeffery went to sign with the Eagles. So, his prediction might still come true if the Eagles beat the Patriots.
However, as all of us know by now, that’s just one huge if.